Based in Allentown PA, Health Network Laboratories (HNL) is a multi-regional medical lab facility serving the needs of the public & healthcare communities in PA & NJ. Committed to excellence, HNL has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transfusion Services Manager in the Blood Bank Department covering multiple hospital locations.
1. Fulfills the functions of general supervisor for regulatory requirements.
2. Assigns, directs, and schedules staff while overseeing performance of testing in the Blood Bank Department. May have oversight for related Clinical Support area.
3. Develops and maintains department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) according to the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) guidelines.
4. Establishes standards, normal values and methods of control for each laboratory test performed in accordance with regulatory and accrediting agencies and in conjunction with clinical/medical leadership.
5. Plans, designs and implements installation of new or improved laboratory techniques. Reviews quality control data, recognizes and resolves problems as well as prepares or directs preparation of various qualitative and quantitative reports and records.
6. Performs ongoing departmental monitoring to improve quality, workflow, staff productivity, and employee satisfaction and is responsible for the mentoring, coaching and development of direct reports.
7. Prepares and administers departmental budgets and recommends purchase of capital equipment in conjunction with management team.
8. Designs and administers quality control program for each testing section.
9. Consults on work in progress and completed work to assure accuracy.
10. Directs the proper storage of hazardous materials and the laboratory safety program in conjunction with the safety officer.
11. Demonstrates the understanding of all duties and responsibilities of those supervised and when applicable serves as a technical specialist in area of oversight.
12. Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to keep informed of new developments in field.
13. Coordinates and conducts education and training programs for personnel. Develops training/competency checklists and provides clinical orientation and/or training of new employees/students. Supports Education Department personnel/trainers and/or designee in the training/orientation of new staff.
Health Network Laboratories offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Relocation expenses considered.